29 January 2007

Apologies to the police force

Having spent the best part of the last few days busily replacing bank cards, ID and continually complaining about the increase crime in KL and how little is done about it, you can imagine my surprise when I got a call from the police today. The (insert your own expletive) man that robbed me on Thursday has been arrested. The bike I had the license plate from was stolen (now there's a surprise!), yet somehow they tracked him down. He is currently under arrested for the theft of the bike. Tomorrow I have to go to the police station to ID him, in order for him to be charged with robbing me. I must admit I am a little apprehensive about the whole thing, I am assuming that they have the one-way window thing going on, but mostly I just hope I do recognise him.
Of course none of this is likely to get me my stuff back - I'm sure it is long gone, but at least I have a sense of satisfaction about the whole thing.
Take this as my official apologies to the Malaysian police force for assuming that they wouldn't take it seriously. I was wrong!

No comments: