25 January 2007

Third time lucky?

Well they do say third time lucky. However I'm not sure what luck is supposed to come out of being robbed three times in a year. Many of you will know that my house got broken into while I slept upstairs unaware in May. Not such a big deal was the RM200 that got stolen out of my wallet at school last semester. Today however was the third time, and my patience is gone - along with my lovely new ipod I was skiting about in my last post (is there a lesson there?). As I drove home from school what I took as a good Samaritan on a motorbike waved me over indicating that something was going wrong at the back of my car. Pulling over I listened as he tried to explain to me in Malaysian the problem and eventually got out to have a look, which was the @%#$^@ cue to reach into the passenger side and nab my handbag. To top off the joyful experience I had to visit 3 police stations before they could decided which precinct was the appropriate one to take the licence plate number I had managed to get and take my statement. Malaysia truly Asia!

On the positive, and in the category of trying to play Pollyanna, I have found a reason to be thankful that I didn't get the counsellors job at school I applied for last week. Whilst it had put me in a bit of a funk, I can now smile and think at least I am not going to be needing to stay here for more than the next 18 months, as I would have had to if I got the job. I guess that counts as a silver lining???!!?

No comments: