11 February 2007

Pink Panther and eye liner

I have spent most of the last week doing make-up for our middle school show - The Pink Panther Strikes Back. Stage make-up is one of those things that I really enjoy doing, as it is so different from most parts of my day to day life. I also like that small sense of corruption as I get to introduce innocent little 11 year olds to eye liner for the first time - seeing their eyes light up, and imagining their parents horror. There is also the fun in the shock of the pre-teen boys as they realise that they are expected to put on foundation and eyeliner, and wear lipstick. It never fails to amaze me how the lad that cringe the most at the first application are bust telling me that they don't have enough blush on by the last night. Some of them are just a little too comfortable in make-up. How do you respond to a 13 year old Korean boy in a pink panther outfit, wearing a pink panther outfit and doing a sexy pose asking you, "do I look beautiful?"

No comments: