13 November 2006

A blog beginning

So... I have decided it is time to enter another more modern age of communication and start to blog. I've been inspired by several friends that have great blogs, and i'm hoping it will let those close to me keep up to date with my life more frequently than they currently do. Yes I am a crap emailer!

Why 'Vagabond Educator'? I have to give my apologies to a fellow international educator I met in Nepal earlier this year (during rooftop sunset drinks overlooking the monkey temple - Thanks Chip!) for stealing his phrase. His business card read Vagabond Educator, to which those of us sitting around immediately identified with. It sounds so much more exciting than International Educator, a little more daring, a little but out there, and way more cool. So as I sat and tried to come up with inspiration for a non-cliched blog name inspiration hit, and plagarism quickly followed.

So what am I hoping to blog about? I'm guessing that travelling and those day-to-day trivias of life in Asia are likely to dominate. But I apologise in advance for any random musings that may bore those of you who are reading, feel free to skip ahead whenever you feel your eyelids drooping.

Coming up soon some stories from Myanmar. Just got to figure out how to add photos first!

No comments: